TATTOO & PIERCING
Your tattoo is a fresh surface wound and you must take care to avoid any bacteria from entering and causing a serious infection. Please follow these instructions and only use the recommended products. They are well-researched and guaranteed to ensure safe and proper healing of your tattoo.
- Avoid alcohol for 24 hours before a procedure; alcohol in your bloodstream tends to increase bleeding during a procedure; and
- Make sure you’ve eaten something and have had enough to drink (not alcohol!) so that you are not dehydrated
- NO working out 24 hours before the procedure.
- NO caffeine 24 hours before procedure.
- NO sun or tanning one week prior to procedure.
- DO NOT take Asprin, Niacin, Vitamin E, or Advil/Ibuprofen 24 hours before procedure. Tylenol is okay.
- NO “power” shakes or greens for 72 hours prior to procedure. They may cause blood thinning and excessive bleeding.
- NO fish oil or “Hair, Skin, and Nails” 24 hours before procedure.
- Stop all use of glycolics, chemical peels, or Retin-A 4 weeks prior to procedure. Check your skincare products for anything that says “acid.”
- If you wax or tint your brows please do so at least one week before your appointment.
- If you get fillers they should be done no sooner than 6 weeks prior to or 6 weeks after your appointment.
- If you use botox, it should be performed either 2 weeks prior to or 2 weeks after your appointment.
- You must not be pregnant or breast feeding. NO exceptions
AFTERCARE OF YOUR TATTOO
- After 3 hours, remove the bandage gently and wash with warm water and mild soap. DO NOT REBANDANGE.
- Apply a thin film of A&D Ointment, Neosporin, Aquaphor, or the like 3 times a day for the next 4 days. After 4 days, use a hand lotion like Dermassage or Noxema until skin returns to its pre-tattoo condition.
- Stay out of sunlight and tanning booths until tattoo is healed, at least 7-10 days.
- Do not soak tattoo in tub, sauna, Jacuzzi or go swimming while your new tattoo is healing. Showers are fine.
- Do not rub or pick the treated area while it is healing. Loss or color and/or infection could occur.
- Extreme sun and exposure over the years can and will fade your tattoo. This can be minimized by using a strong sunscreen, at least SP25.
- Your tattoo should heal in 2 weeks. Consult a physician if any signs or symptoms develop such as the following: redness at site, green/yellow discharge (foul smelling) and/or fever.
PIERCING ( ear & belly button)
AFTERCARE OF YOUR PIERCING
1.Never remove or change jewelry during initial healing period.
2.Only touch the piercing when cleaning. Always wash hands prior to touching the area.
3.It is never necessary to twist, turn, or rotate the jewelry; when cleaning, try to avoid moving the jewelry as much as possible.
4.Ensuring hands are clean, once per day gently apply a small amount of the “Saline Wound Wash” to the skin around both sides (entry and exit) of the piercing. Clean any parts of the jewelry that are visible, without pushing or moving the jewelry.
- Apply pericing after care cream once a day until it healed.
Sun to Wed 11 AM to 7 PM
Thurs to Sat 11 AM to 9 PM
Others Times By Appointment