Shoulders Slimming (Collarbone Injection)
Lean and feminine shoulder lines can easily be achieved by a couple Botulinum Toxin injections.
Collarbone Botox Injection like every other facial botox procedures, paralyses the muscles of the injected area. This will eventually lower the trapezius muscles to create an effect of a feminine shoulder line and the appearance of a longer neck. The overdeveloped muscles will also subside, allowing the collarbone to resurface and appear more well-defined.
● It is recommended to discontinue the use of Aspirin, Motrin, Gingko Biloba, Garlic, Flax Oil, Cod Liver Oil, Vitamin A, Vitamin E, or any other essential fatty acids at least 3 days to 1 week before and after treatment to minimize bruising or bleeding. Please consult with your primary physician prior to discontinuing any medications.
● Avoid alcohol, caffeine, Niacin supplement, high-sodium foods, high sugar foods, refined carbohydrates, spicy foods, and cigarettes 24-48 hours before and after your treatment. (All of these factors may increase risk of bruising and swelling).
● If you develop a cold / flu, cold sore, blemish, or rash, etc. in the area to be treated prior to your appointment, we recommend that you please reschedule your appointment until it resolves.
● It is recommended to discontinue Retin-A two (2-3) days before treatment to avoid any increased redness and irritation.
● It is recommended that you wait at least 2 weeks to have botulinum toxin treatments performed if you have previously had cosmetic treatments with laser, ultrasound, peels, facials or micro-dermabrasion.
● You are not a suitable candidate if you’re breastfeeding or pregnant.
● Avoid Aspirin, Motrin, Gingko Biloba, Garlic, Flax Oil, Cod Liver Oil, Vitamin A, Vitamin E, or any other essential fatty acids at least 3 days to 1 week after treatment. These items may increase bleeding and bruising.
● Avoid alcohol, caffeine, Niacin supplement, high-sodium foods, high sugar foods, refined carbohydrates, spicy foods, and cigarettes 24-48 hours after your treatment. These items may contribute to increased swelling or irritation.
● Avoid the use of Retin-A or similar products (ex. Kinerase, Tazarac) 2 days after treatment to avoid increased irritation or redness.
● Avoid cosmetic treatments such as laser, ultrasound, peels, facials or micro-dermabrasion for 2 weeks after treatment with Dysport® or Botox®.
● Try to avoid wearing makeup until the day after treatment. Earlier use may cause pustules. If you must wear makeup we recommend a good quality mineral makeup for the face.
● Please report to your provider if any increased pain, increased swelling, redness, blisters, or itching immediately, should it occur following your treatment.
● The treatment may take 2-10 days to take full effect. It is recommended that the touchup, if needed, be done no later than 2 weeks after the initial treatment.
● Avoid wearing hats or headbands after treatment.
● Do not perform activities involving straining, heavy lifting, or vigorous exercise for 6 hours after treatment. This will keep the Botox in the injected area and not elsewhere.