REPLACE LOST VOLUME IN YOUR FACE WITH TEMPLE FILLER
A hollowing of the temples is a natural part of the ageing process. Soft tissue and bone dissolves while muscle and fascia (your connective tissues) change. This leads to less structural support in the temple area, which results in folds, wrinkles and volume loss.
Hollowing of the temples can cause the face to appear gaunt and skeletal. The good news is that hollow temples can be treated non-surgically and very quickly, with dermal filler.
Dermal Filler treatments in the temples can make a very significant contribution to keeping the face well-proportioned and youthful.
The youthful face is usually full and firm with round or “convex” temples, flowing down through full cheeks into a thinner jaw; it’s the “heart shaped face”.
- For optimal results, and to minimize the chance of bleeding or bruising at the injection site, please avoid all blood-thinning medications and supplements for one week prior to your appointment. This includes over-the-counter medication such as aspirin, Motrin, ibuprofen, and Aleve. Also avoid herbal supplements such as garlic, vitamin E, ginko biloba, St. John’s Wort and omega-3 capsules. If you have a cardiovascular history, please check with your doctor prior to stopping use of aspirin.
- Inform your provider if you have a history of Perioral Herpes to receive advice on antiviral therapy prior to treatment. (Valtrex 500 mg BID, 5 days, start 2 days prior to treatment)
- Avoid topical products such as Tretinoin (Retin-A) retinols, retinoids, glycolic acid, alpha hydroxy acid, or any “anti-aging” products for two days before and after treatment.
- Do not drink alcoholic beverages 24 hours before or after your treatment to avoid extra bruising.
- Do not use dermal fillers if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, are allergic to any of it’s ingredients or suffer from any neurological disorders.
- Avoid significant movement or massage of the treated area unless instructed by provider.
- Avoid strenuous exercise for 24 hours.
- Avoid extensive sun or heat for 72 hours.
- Avoid consuming excess amounts of alcohol or salts to avoid excessive swelling.
- If you have swelling, you may apply a cool compress for 15 minutes each hour.
- Use Tylenol (acetaminophen) for discomfort.
- Try to sleep face up and slightly elevated if you experience swelling.
- Take Arnica (typically found in health food stores) to help the bruising and swelling. Begin taking at least two days prior to injections.
- Wait a minimum of four weeks before skin care or laser treatments.
Dermal fillers last, on average, 6-12 months. It is recommended at the time of your treatment to schedule your next appointment for optimal anti-aging benefits. The most typical side effects (bruising, swelling, redness) are temporary and will resolve. However, please call the office to notify us if you experience any additional side effects.