Hyperhidrosis is the medical term for excessive sweating. It refers to any abnormal sweating, such as sweating when it’s not hot. People who sweat excessively often soak through their clothing or drip sweat. Regular antiperspirants don’t work well for those with this condition.
It may also be used “off-label” to reduce sweating in other areas, such as the hands, feet, and face.
Botox for Hyperhidrosis (Severe Sweating)
BOTOX® neurotoxin treatment helps control the symptoms of severe underarm sweating when topical medicines do not work well enough by temporarily blocking the chemical signals from the nerves that stimulate the sweat glands. When the sweat glands don’t receive chemical signals, the severe sweating stops. BOTOX® injections are expected to temporarily stop the production of excessive sweat in the treated areas only. Sweat continues to be produced elsewhere.
BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT
• For underarms, please refrain from wearing antiperspirant 1-2 days before your treatment
AFTER YOUR APPOINTMENT
• Do not apply pressure to/or massage the treatment area.
• Pinpoint bleeding may occur and will resolve quickly.
• Rarely, patients may develop mild bruising and or sensitivity around the injection site .This will resolve within the first week after treatment.
• Any immediate redness or swelling will subside within an hour.
WHAT TO EXPECT
• Your results will appear gradually over the period of 3-10 days. On average, there is over 80% decrease of sweat production in that area that lasts on average 7 months. Remarkably, up to a third of patients can go 1 year before they return for more.
● It is recommended to discontinue the use of Aspirin, Motrin, Gingko Biloba, Garlic, Flax Oil, Cod Liver Oil, Vitamin A, Vitamin E, or any other essential fatty acids at least 3 days to 1 week before and after treatment to minimize bruising or bleeding. Please consult with your primary physician prior to discontinuing any medications.
● Avoid alcohol, caffeine, Niacin supplement, high-sodium foods, high sugar foods, refined carbohydrates, spicy foods, and cigarettes 24-48 hours before and after your treatment. (All of these factors may increase risk of bruising and swelling).
● If you develop a cold / flu, cold sore, blemish, or rash, etc. in the area to be treated prior to your appointment, we recommend that you please reschedule your appointment until it resolves.
● It is recommended to discontinue Retin-A two (2-3) days before treatment to avoid any increased redness and irritation.
● It is recommended that you wait at least 2 weeks to have botulinum toxin treatments performed if you have previously had cosmetic treatments with laser, ultrasound, peels, facials or micro-dermabrasion.
● You are not a suitable candidate if you’re breastfeeding or pregnant.
● Avoid Aspirin, Motrin, Gingko Biloba, Garlic, Flax Oil, Cod Liver Oil, Vitamin A, Vitamin E, or any other essential fatty acids at least 3 days to 1 week after treatment. These items may increase bleeding and bruising.
● Avoid alcohol, caffeine, Niacin supplement, high-sodium foods, high sugar foods, refined carbohydrates, spicy foods, and cigarettes 24-48 hours after your treatment. These items may contribute to increased swelling or irritation.
● Avoid the use of Retin-A or similar products (ex. Kinerase, Tazarac) 2 days after treatment to avoid increased irritation or redness.
● Avoid cosmetic treatments such as laser, ultrasound, peels, facials or micro-dermabrasion for 2 weeks after treatment with Dysport® or Botox®.
● Try to avoid wearing makeup until the day after treatment. Earlier use may cause pustules. If you must wear makeup we recommend a good quality mineral makeup for the face.
● Please report to your provider if any increased pain, increased swelling, redness, blisters, or itching immediately, should it occur following your treatment.
● The treatment may take 2-10 days to take full effect. It is recommended that the touchup, if needed, be done no later than 2 weeks after the initial treatment.
● Avoid wearing hats or headbands after treatment.
Sun to Wed 11 AM to 7 PM
Thurs to Sat 11 AM to 9 PM
Others Times By Appointment